Monday, May 30, 2011

Sofa Table Makeover

At Tehran's house, he has an open floor plan dining and living room.  The furniture arrangement created the need for some kind of open separation between the two rooms.  Otherwise, you would just be looking at the back of a sofa when you enter the room.

So this is where I come in.  A trip to the Salvation Army and $25 later, I had an ugly, outdated sofa table made of fake wood (laminate).  It had a brass rim around the glass and some kind of fake wicker material in the bottom.  Here is Lexi the cat, making an inspection of the table.



A can of rustollem paint (oil base so that it would stick to the metal  part too), and a foam roller and a little brush and voila, goodbye outdated color and brass!



Next, I covered the bottom fake wicker stuff with scrapbook paper that has an alligator print.



Tehran loves floating candles, so I headed to the Dollar Tree and I found these vases.  I added some river rocks from Jo-Ann Fabrics and water and floating candles from Ikea.  Mission Sofa Table: Complete.  (The sofa looks kind of blue in the picture, but it is black.) 



I still want to add some more accessories to the bottom level of the table, some that his cat, Lexi will not shred or break.  I am thinking about some decorative boxes for added mini-storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment