Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Decorations!

Here are some of the Christmas decorations I did at Tehran's house:

Here is the "Fantle" (get it- fake mantle?) And thanks to Comcast for the "yule log" from on-demand, it looks like a real fireplace.  The fake mantle is a media shelf from Ikea.






I took the flameless candles off the pillars and set them right on the surface, and placed Christmas ornaments on the candle holders.  The stockings are from the Dollar Tree!  I added a glittery branch from a bunch of glittery branches that I bought from Jo-Ann for 50% off.  Gotta love their sales!


I used equal parts gold and silver glitter and mod podge to make the glittery ornaments.  I placed them in these glass containers which we already had.  I stuck some battery operated lights inside.  The lights looked clear, but after being plugged in, they are different colors : ( I wish they were both white, but oh well.)





Hung ornaments from the light fixture with ribbon- simple and easy.

 Normally, these glass vases have large river rocks in them, and are used occasionally for floating candles.  I put ornaments in them instead.  These are plastic ornaments from Wallmart and I had to pop the top off and fill them with water so they sink.  There is a mix of metallic colors for the ornaments.  Oooo, shiny!



Here is the centerpiece on the table.  This was already there.  It is from Ikea.  Normally, there are small river rocks at the bottom of the candles.  I cut pieces off the glittery branches.  The glitter is a mix of gold and silver glitter.  I glittered up some ornaments to match by mixing equal parts gold and silver glitter, and of course I used mod podge to affix the glitter to the ornaments. 
















Oh, and how could I forget the tree!  I can't take any credit for this one though.  Tehran already had the tree and ornaments.
Not too many decorations; just a little bit of sparkle for the Holiday.  Merry Christmas!

1 comment: