Saturday, June 2, 2012

Baby's First Birthday!

Liam is one!  I can't believe it.  My little sister's little baby now looks almost toddler-ish.  Oh well, time for a party then! 

I take NO credit for her super-cute decor, whatsoever. I just thought it was awesome and needed to be shared.

She set up a "smash the cake" photo-shoot a day in advance and had a photo-bug friend come over and shoot pictures. These pictures are the ones I took, and they are not quite as good as her friend's pics, but I do have the rights to these to post : )










Jenni is so clever, It was her idea to tape balloons to the back of the house and put out a blanket and snap away!  Those colors were her idea too!  The green and the blue are her go-to colors for everything (her wedding, the baby nursery-click here to see nursery, home decor...) and she usually just changes the accent colors.  This time, the accent is orange.

Party Table!

Hand-made banner by Jenni!

She spray-painted little dinosaurs from the dollar-tree to math the theme, and I hot glued them to a paper runner for decoration.

We made tissue-paper poms and hung them on the chandelier which my dad raised up with zip-ties so no-one would bump their head.  Okay, some people still bumped their head on the tissue poms but they were cute, so they weren't moving!

My sister has been practicing her icing skills, and even has the frosting tips and everything, like a good southern mama practicing her home-making skills.  Super cute cupcakes!

Here is the birthday boy, seeming happy about the attention. (Or at least the cake)


Jenni, Me, and Liam:





Sometimes, we party as hard as we can, and then we just can't eat one more bite of cake.  Happy Birthday, Liam!


No comments:

Post a Comment